A federal tax controversy attorney must know the tax law (federal tax statues, IRS interpretation and rulings, and court rulings) and federal tax procedure (IRS audit examination, collection, criminal tax investigation, and tax litigation). Mr. Kutten is well schooled as a tax technician and with federal tax procedure. His experience with the IRS builds on his knowledge, helping people solve their federal tax problem.
Office of Chief Counsel Internal Revenue Service, Senior Attorney over 30 years’ experience.
Mr. Kutten regularly provided legal advice to Internal Revenue Service employees
- IRS Revenue Agents (IRS income tax auditor)
- Revenue Officers (IRS collection agent)
- Special Agents (IRS criminal investigator)
- Appeals Officers (IRS income tax audit settlement negotiator)
- Appeals Settlement Officers (IRS )
- Litigation experience: routinely represented the Commissioner of Internal Revenue Service before the United States Tax Court including civil fraud penalties, indirect method of proof income analysis, federal estate tax issues, and tax shelters, just to name a few of the types of cases.
- Mentored new IRS attorneys
- Recipient of several awards issued by the Office of Chief Counsel Internal Revenue Service for dedicated service and superior legal advise